Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Report Viewer using WSS 3.0

Asked By: Eliseo    Date: Oct 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1415

I am really new in Sharepoint and others are telling me about it. I am currently managing a system in our company and I want to integrate my system to Sharepoint. Currently I am using a Front-End Reporting Service in my reporting and it is very useful. It is more easy to use and more advance that Reporting Services. I want to ask is how can i integrate my Front-End Reporting Services into Sharepoint or is there any way to directly locate my Analysis Service CUBE and from it i will my customize report? Is that possible? Should I use a web part for that? Please help me, i'm really a newbie here.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jeffery Hayes     Answered On: Oct 29

I'm assuming by "Front-End Reporting Services" you mean SQL Server Reporting Services, and likely the report  Manager application that comes out of the box with the SSRS installation.

If you are looking to integration SQL Server Reporting Services with sharepoint  (WSS or MOSS) then you can find details regarding the required steps here. Basic steps involve installing the appropriate SQL Server Service Pack/Version, installing the snap-in, and setting up an SSRS instance in SharePoint Integrated Mode. Once configuration is complete, the integration is quite nice: you will be able to deploy your rdl files directly  to SharePoint Document Libraries, and then render the reports through SharePoint web  parts within SharePoint web pages.

Answer #2    Answered By: Mohini Tiwari     Answered On: Oct 29

You might consider starting a new thread with a more specific question, since this one was specific to the Report Viewer web  part.

Web Parts are typically deployed as features within Solution Packages, and free Web Parts can be found all over the internet and codeplex.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Report Viewer using WSS 3.0 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: