Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

report server sharepoint integration error grant databse access

Asked By: Angie    Date: Jun 19    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1452

I am getting the following error when I try to grant database access for reporting service in Central Admin. I am using reporting services sharepoint add in sdk.

Have everything on one box and using the litawaredemo
server 2003 enterprise r2
slq server 2003 sp3
have set a website up without anonymous access sharepointReportServer and have configured a database for sharepoint integrated
I have pointed central admin to http://litwaredemo:1393/reportserver which is the port that I have configured reportserver too.
When I try to grant database access in Central Admin I get the following error.

Database state cannot be changed while other users are using the database 'SharedServicesContent_ba35b414-c396-4a0c-9509-6c917524f2e3' ALTER DATABASE statement failed. sp_dboption command failed.

This is all in virtual machine so there are no other users accessing the machine.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Dewayne Clay     Answered On: Jun 19

I think I have figured this out since I am on a virtual machine I shut down the sql services  and irestarted them and eliminated the error. Than received another error  A new member could not be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type. This one is real strange since the grant  data access  section defaults to the servername which is correct and the diffault instance. I tried a few different things but the way it resoved was by entering localhost for the server  and everything completed and I am now able to connect reports through libraries in sharepoint.