Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Report Library - Actions Missing from Item Drop Down

Asked By: Sarojini    Date: Feb 21    Category: MOSS    Views: 1157

I am trying to add Reports to a Report Libary in MOSS 2007 EE running against SSRS/SPIM SQL Server 2008 EE.

When I add a Report Libary to a Site and then add Reports to the Library I cannot see the Manage Subscriptions Item Actions in the Drop Down Menu.

Does anyone know what permissions are required to see these Item Actions? I am the Site Collection Administrator and am a User in the Site with Full Control. The Account is local\Administrator and has Full Control. I have another Site Collection that has a Report Library and this functionality works fine. I cannot figure out the differences in Permissions between the two sites to fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a POC next week.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jagjit Phutane     Answered On: Feb 21

I found the reason. Even though Reporting Services have been Activated on the Site Collection the Content Types were not added to the Report Library. Once I went into the Report Libary Settings I could add  the Report XXX Content Types to the Report Library and voila the Item Drop Down Menu Actions appeared.

My question to Microsoft is, "Is this a bug". Why would you force an Administrator to add the Content Types to the Report Library after the Report Library has been added to the Site Collection. Isn't that the reason that I added the Report Library to the Site Collection? I want it to work. It doesn't work as a Report Library until you add these Content Types.

Microsoft please review this scenario. It was quite annoying to find this additional necessary undocumented step.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Report Library - Actions Missing from Item Drop Down Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: