Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Regarding Office 2010 Compatibility with Sharepoint 2.0( Error:- This file is locked for edit)

Asked By: Chirag    Date: Mar 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1945

We are currently testing the migration of our one of the applications in Office 2003 to Office 2010. Our application is basically installed as an Add-in having 4-5 .dotx templates. Earlier these templates were in .dot format and as a part of migration, they have been converted into .dotx format. User has to select one of the options and correspondingly word template will be loaded. User write the content in that template and save the changes. So it gets saved as a .docx document in sharepoint server, we have SharePoint 2.0 for maintaining the documents and SQL Server 2005 as a database. After the migration we are facing the problem in uploading the documents to SharePoint. Sometimes it works and majority of the times it fails with error message ‘This file is locked by another user for editing’ when pressed save. I am the only user who opens the document and tries to save. I am wondering what is the reason why it’s getting itself locked again and again and I am not able to save.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Tagged: