Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Need reference guide for Sharepoint Server 2007

Asked By: Leslie    Date: Aug 07    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1177

Today, my "econmic stimulus package" came in the form of a tasking from management that decided "since I write all of the documentation for the product, I will design, maitain, and administrate a Sharepoint site for all of my work...alone. That was it...card blanche to me, "go, be, do"

...I was thrilled for .378 seconds until I realized I know nothing about Sharepoint Server 2007, or any other similar type of Software.

There are numerous guides and I doubt one will do it. Every beginner must start somewhere. Any suggesions on a book or books that will make the wall I'm banging my head against...softer?

And please do not recommend Hemingway and Tequila...I've already tried that...

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Angelina Newman     Answered On: Aug 07

You might want to start with a "SharePoint 2007 for Dummies" book (www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1), and from there, move on the sharepoint  2007 User's Guide (www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_2).

Microsoft's own site has a wealth of SharePoint info - I recommend starting with the SharePoint community portal (sharepoint.microsoft.com/sharepoint/default.asp

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Need reference guide for Sharepoint Server 2007 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: