Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Records Center: All records going into same folder

Asked By: Heriberto    Date: Apr 03    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1062

I am testing the sharepoint record center, and currently have a managed folder within Exchange that sends mail over to sharepoint. The messages are tagged with the alias SSG, and are automatically moved to the SSG document library within the record center.. All that works just fine, no problems there.

What I'm curious about is what happens to the messages afterwards. When I first created the document library, it was empty (duh.) Upon my first record submission, it created a folder named: 2009-06-05T03-35-01Z

So I have one folder created on 2009-06-05. All new records submitted to this library also go into this folder.

Is this by design? Or should it be creating a separate folder for each day? Seems kinda pointless to have one folder for everything to go in, as opposed to just storing everything at the top level.. unless I'm missing something.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Brooke Lewis     Answered On: Apr 03

Normally, you would expect to see a new folder  for each submission  to the record  center. The record center  appears to be identifying these mails as essentially the same document  resubmitted.

Answer #2    Answered By: Talia Johns     Answered On: Apr 03

Records center  site would identify the files by their content type name, I wonder you do not change the default document  type and all the files are Document content type.

The internal functionality of Records Center is not visible for the end users, I could not provide further details for you as I do not know either.

However, if you feel the OOB Records Center cannot fulfill your requirements, you could create custom record  center router by implementing the IRouter interface.
For more information, see IRouter Interface for Custom Routers.

References:
· Records Center (MSDN) (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa981237.aspx)
· Develop the file plan (Office SharePoint Server) (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261708.aspx)
· Design the Records Center site (Office SharePoint Server) (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261706.aspx)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Records Center: All records going into same folder Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: