Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

HOW RAISE THE SECURITY LEVEL FOR WEB PART

Asked By: Harshad    Date: Aug 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 767

how raise the security level for the weba part .
which one is better location to deploy the webpart
bindirectory or GAC AND WHY ..PLZ HELP ME IN THIS ISSUE.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jaferry Khan     Answered On: Aug 25

Bin is always the prefferred over GAC (as in GAC the code runs under FULL TRUST) and when deployed in Bin folder (of the web-app) it also needs CAS policies to be set in web.config (if special permissions are required).

Best is deploy  the code in Bin folder, apply the required CAS policies in web.config and you would be safe, as the code will not run with Full Trust and will have only the permissions set in the CAS Policy.

Answer #2    Answered By: Davin Knapp     Answered On: Aug 25

I believe location  selection depends on the web  part.

It this is webpart  , you have created , you know its safe...then there is no harm in putting the webpart assembly to GAC. it removes overhead of changing web.config!

If the web part  is taken from internet, or some other source (not trusted)..better to go with BIN approach as mentioned above.

Answer #3    Answered By: Deidra Best     Answered On: Aug 25

All The information are great , i would like to add something ,
if u want that ur webpart  to available across the site then put it in The GAC ,if not then BIN is the best place .
and if u want to perform some code level  Security Rise , then user the SPSecurity to run ur code with elevated privillage

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on HOW RAISE THE SECURITY LEVEL FOR WEB PART Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: