Asked By: Bob    Date: May 30    Category: MOSS    Views: 948

We have turned on all search items, but the links in our quick launch
are not showing up. Is this as designed or is there something we are
overlooking? We are using SharePoint 2007

Share: 

10 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alexandra Patterson     Answered On: May 30

I don't understand the relationship you are hoping to see between search
items and the links  on the Quick Launch.

Answer #2    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: May 30

We are having the same problems.... On the People search  page we want to display email memberships aka quicklinks and these have stopped working since Beta2TR.

The date column has also stopped appearing in search results as well.... anyone else noticed this?

Is there a fix to this?

Answer #3    Answered By: Stefanie Ruiz     Answered On: May 30

I have a quick  launch link “Celebration Registration”. People come to our site to register for our celebration event. If they type in “Celebration Registration” I would want the quick launch  link to appear in the search  results. It does not. Is this by design?

Answer #4    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: May 30

Are the links  in Quick Launch just another way to access objects that exist elsewhere?

Quick Launch does not contain unique content.

So if the actual object is crawled and a link in the search  results gives access to the object just like the link in Quick Launch gives access to the object, where is the problem?

Is not the goal to give access to the object?

Answer #5    Answered By: Royce Orr     Answered On: May 30

Basically, what Daniel said. I wonder if your Celebration Registration
is a survey? I added a test survey to one of my top-level sites and
did an incremental update on the Non_Portal index (tell me if that's
wrong someone) and the survey title or keywords don't show up in
Search results. As Daniel said you want the actual content to show up
in search  rather then a menu link and if I did this mini-experiment
right then surveys are not indexed. You could add something to SPS or
WSS that is indexed, for instance a news item about the event that
contains a link to the survey, that should then show up in search.

Answer #6    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: May 30

Our link is not connected to another sharepoint  object. We are linking to an existing web page on our web site (which exists outside sharepoint).

Answer #7    Answered By: Nina Banks     Answered On: May 30

No, I don’t link to other sharepoint  content. We don’t have time to convert all of our stuff to reside inside sharepoint. So this link actually goes outside sharepoint to another web server to serve up the page. Sooooooo I want the search  to return the link in the quick  launch.

Answer #8    Answered By: Sharonda Mcfarland     Answered On: May 30

Personally, I would take the quick  and easy route of adding the same link somewhere else that was crawled then the link would be available in the search  results and clicking on the link in the search results would take you to the external site just as if you clicked the link in the Quick Launch.

However, it would be interesting to learn how to get search to crawl the Quick Launch.

Answer #9    Answered By: Harshini Raju     Answered On: May 30

I do not have the tools with me here to prove this out, but you might want to examine the master page code and check for the various ways to instruct crawlers to ignore this part of the page. It seems like I recall that navigation menus instructed robots not to go there. Quick launch  may as well.

Answer #10    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: May 30

Great idea. That’s how we will implement it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Quick Launch links not included in search Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: