Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Pushing files to user's MySite libraries

Asked By: Ronald    Date: Jun 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1127

I got asked by management this morning if there was an easy way (either out of the box or development) to push files to employee's MySite private document libraries.

Basically, they have a reporting system that can generate report files on daily, weekly, monthly basis and they want to program an interface to allow these reports to be "pushed" automatically to the employees via SharePoint MySites. The reports are personalized to each individul user.

Also on the table is the possibility of storing all these reports in one master fileshare and then only pushing personalized "links/urls" to each user pointing to "their" reports.

I am thinking we need developer involvement on this as there is nothing out of the box. I initially thought of "Audiences" but to have an "audience" for every-single user seems way off base to me.

Is this simple to accomplish or does anyone have any experience with 3rd party tools that can make the above possible?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Jun 02

You could send the reports  to their public area of MySite. You can also have them create a subsite in their MySite called “Reports” or something similar, give it proper permissions and copy the reports there.

Answer #2    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: Jun 02

I would probably go with a centralized repository and a simple  Web Part
common on all My Sites that shows the unique content per person.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Pushing files to user's MySite libraries Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: