Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Purchase Order template for SharePoint

Asked By: Naman    Date: Apr 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 8203

I am currently looking to build a simple purchase order system at our company using SharePoint and wanted to see what the best way possible would be?

Basically I want it so that there is a page where a user submits a request to purchase something (field would include product, vendor, price, use)...and it would get sent to the manager where he/she would either approve/deny it (if approved I want it to list a few choices of payment methods with a drop down box or something)...and then notify the original requester of whether the purchase was OK'd or not...and when the purchase was completed the requester would enter "purchased" and list the total price and possibly attach a file (an image or email as a receipt).

Share: 

6 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Akshay Gupta     Answered On: Apr 25

Do you have WSS or MOSS? The simplest way is to download a Word template  of a Purchase Order, associate it with a document library and then use either a custom workflow (built with SharePoint Designer) or an out-of-the-box approval workflow if you have MOSS.

User will then do New - Purchase Order and the template will get loaded; user  fills the document and save it. Various options are availalble to start the workflow (e.g., automatic start when a new item is created in the library, manual start, etc.)

Answer #2    Answered By: Ashton Portman     Answered On: Nov 13

If you are looking for an out of box solution,
www.convergepoint.com/.../purchase-order-system-sharepoint-template

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Purchase Order template for SharePoint Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: