Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Publishing Top Site with Publishing Subsites, FBA and Anonymous access

Asked By: Ray    Date: Apr 27    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2445

I have inherited a SharePoint application whose architecture is structured with a publishing site as the top level site and all subsites are also publishing sites. The web application I am working with is set up on the internet zone and configured to use FBA. It is an extension of a web application on the default zone

All subsites are inheriting permissions from the parent. I have anonymous access turned on, configured and working on the top level site. Anonymous access does not work for the subsites. Since the site will ultimately be a public facing internet site, anonymous access must work for most subsites, with a few requiring users to login via FBA.

Is this a bug or do I simply have a site structure that isn't recommended? I have also tried breaking permissions inheritence and explicitly setting anonymous access on the subsite. This also does not work. Any thoughts?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kerri Steele     Answered On: Apr 27

You have probably found the issue already, but have you checked to see if the subsites  have been published?

When you create a Publishing site  in Moss you will need to remember to 'Approve' the content. Most of the time you may get a security error in the case of a master page not being approved. In the case of subsites, you will need to approve them after you create them.

This situation is not really a case of anonymous  access. Anyone who is logged in that does not have contributor rights or above will see the same issue.

Tagged: