Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Publishing page layout

Asked By: Erin    Date: May 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1226

We have a requirement where we have a form to be filled. The approach that we are using is to create site column and content types using sharepoint API and installing it as a feature. Now we are designing a layout page where we are using the content type created earlier.

Now the requirement is that we have to enter the detail of speakers and the number of speakers is to be decided at runtime. Now in speaker detail we have three fields :

1. Speaker name
2. Description
3. Image

Now these are the details of one speaker. In the same way we can have n number of speakers and number of speakers is to be decided at run time.
I am having difficulty in deciding how to implement it. I have few questionas regarding same:

1. Can we have repeating column.
2. Can we use two content types for the same layout page.
3. Any other approach.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Amar Kumbar     Answered On: May 02

I don't quite understand your requirement, so let me give you a couple options:

1.) If what you want is some sort of aggregated list of speakers, what you should do is create  one publishing  page for each speaker, then you have a "roll up" page  where you use the Content Query Web Part to display information from all the speaker pages in one view. If you don't want all the Speaker publishng pages to be displayed in your Content Query Web Part, you can add a column  to your Speaker Publihing Page where page authors can specify which view this speaker should show up in, then you can filter by that custom column in the Content Query Web Part so only Speakers with that column value appear in your aggregated list.
2.) If you really want users to be able to add multiple speakers to one page, you can look at the possibility of creating a custom field type  and custom field control to do that.

Answer #2    Answered By: Marc Dixon     Answered On: May 02

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Publishing page layout Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: