Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Publishing Layout Page - Separate image for each page

Asked By: Parvesh    Date: May 11    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2806

The requirements for my current WCM project are that each layout page be able to display a separate image. This image is at the top of the page under the nav bar - definately not in the PlaceHolderMain region. The only way I can think of to do this is to add an Image Web Part to the master and have the content editors type in the URL of the image for each page.

I had hoped to give them the experience that's possible with a publishing image field where the resource browser is used to find the image. Two questions:

1) Does anyone know of a way to add a page layout field to a publishing page outside of the PlaceHolderMain region?
2) Is there any way to add the resource browser behavior of a publishing image field to the Image Web Part?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Osvaldo Winters     Answered On: May 11

You can defintely add  content outside the PlaceHolderMain... just override one of the other 30+ content  placeholders used in the master page  in addition to PlaceHolderMain. Using this approach, you don't need to use image  Web Part... you can just use the OOTB image field  control.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Publishing Layout Page - Separate image for each page Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: