Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Publishing feature activation/deactivation error

Asked By: Hunter    Date: Feb 07    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2126

I have a custom SP web which has publishing turned on for all sites in the web. For one of these sites I wish to create a site template. However I can't unless I turn publishing off. When I try that it throws the following error:

"Unable to delete report. Please contact your administrator. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.DeleteList(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.DeleteList(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId) "

Problem is I don't know what report it is looking for. Has anyone seen this? If so what is the fix?

I do have another site in the web from which I tried to create a template and it worked. I turned off publishing and was able to see the option to save a template in settings.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Shelton Dickson     Answered On: Feb 07

You cannot see the *Save site  as Template* by default.
We hide the link because we do not support the feature  in the publishing  site.
But we don't forbid accessing to the feature by the link directly, because we allow the 3rd parties developing their own applications using the APIs.

An workaround is using Export command to export the site and import to a Blank template  site.
For more information, please refer to:
l Export: Stsadm operation (Office sharepoint  Server) (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262759.aspx)
l Import: Stsadm operation (Office SharePoint Server) (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261866.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Publishing feature activation/deactivation error Or get search suggestion and latest updates.