MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

How to Publish to an Extranet?

Asked By: Anna    Date: Mar 11    Category: MOSS    Views: 756

I have read the "Planning an Extranet Environment for Office SharePoint Server" published March 2009 for MOSS 2007. According to the section "Back-to-back perimeter topology with content publishig" I am supposed to be able to setup publishing sites on the internal corporate network with content that can be published to the server farm that is located in the perimeter. This document says it requires two farms and publishing is one-way. All great so far, and just what I want.
Based on this document there are other topologies which allow content publishing to extranet servers as well. I am flexible on the topology, I just need to find one that works.

I am trying to set up this scenario but cannot seem to find any information on how to actually setup the sites or servers to allow us to publish from one server to another. Testing seems to validate this, I haven't been able to set it up to work.

How do you publish from one MOSS 2007 server or site collection to another?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Richa Verma     Answered On: Mar 11

You should take a look at post from Stefan Gossner about content deployement in Sharepoint. There is a serie of 6 articles and the link for the first one is

There is also a series of link about content deployement on the blog of Andrew Connell : www.andrewconnell.com/.../MossWcmResources.aspx

And finally, a step by step tutorial about content deployment : blogs.msdn.com/.../...t-step-by-step-tutorial.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How to Publish to an Extranet? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.