Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Profile Import Tool

Asked By: Amos    Date: Jul 21    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3991

Has anyone written a tool designed to allow you to import some non-AD SharePoint Profile properties into SharePoint? I have some other data sources that I need to use to get data into profiles but didn’t know if there were any widely available tools for this sort of thing.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vance Hardin     Answered On: Jul 21

nteresting timing… I’m about to embark on a project to do the same thing  (populating from PeopleSoft).

There were a few things we found too regarding the User Info list/table in portals and WSS sites. I have everything jotten down in a few disorganized notes that I planned to post about later… I’ll reply to the group once I do that. In my mind, it’s not just updating the profile  database that’s necessary… you need to keep the User Info table in sync as well (via the API, not going to the table directly).

Answer #2    Answered By: Kareem Flynn     Answered On: Jul 21

I just posted some research info I pulled up before I started on my project. May help you in your project as it sounds like we’re both about to start building similar processes/tools.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/AndrewConnell?m=338

Answer #3    Answered By: Tyron Calderon     Answered On: Jul 21

There will be some .NET sample code for this in the SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Discovery Kit when it is released by MS.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Profile Import Tool Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: