Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Problems with the right Publishing Button

Asked By: Vikat    Date: Apr 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1608

I am not sure if this is the best place for this question but thought I would give it a try.

We have a publishing site that had approval required for pages in the "Pages" library. Things worked fine then. However when it was decided that approval was no longer needed for the "Pages" library and we turned off the setting users that had the Approve Items permission level suddenly had two publish buttons. The left publish button works correctly however the right publish button seems to really be an approve button. When you click the right button it gives the error:

" You can only approve or reject documents in a list for which content approval has been enabled. "

Has anyone else seen this or come up with a solution to fix the problem. I know for the most part we can fix it by simply removing the Approval rights from people. The edge case I can't seem to figure out is what to do with site collection admins and people that have full control rights.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Daamodar Bhadranavar     Answered On: Apr 29

So I found the solution  to the problem. For some reason in the quickaccess.xml the one click approve  and publish button  aka the "right publishing  button" did not have the setting  to hide it if content approval  is not enabled.

To make the change I had to go into the CustomQuickAccess.xml file located in the Editing Menu folder of the master page gallery. I simply added the line HideStates="ContentApprovalEnabledFalse" to the appropriate node in the file as seen below:

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Problems with the right Publishing Button Or get search suggestion and latest updates.