Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Problem Editing in Data Sheet

Asked By: Dwayne    Date: Sep 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1894

I have been using a data sheet as an end-user to add, change, update departments po schedules. Over the past few days, it has been asking for a logon and password, then rejecting it witht the message "an unexpecter error has occurred. Changes to your data cannot be saved". To my knowledge, no changes have been made on the Server or the application. If anyone else has encountered this and found a solution, I would really appreciate any help you could offer.

Thank you.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sirisha Reddimasi     Answered On: Sep 21

To trace out the issue please do the below change in web config file of share point site collection and check the log details.

1.In the SafeMode section, change the attribute: CallStack="false" to CallStack="true" (<SafeMode MaxControls="200" CallStack="true"…)
2.In the system.web section, change: <customErrors mode="On" /> to <customErrors mode="Off" />

Once you done this check the data sheet by saving and you will get an asp.net page with all error details,once you get all information of error then change back these settings so that you will again receive an friendly message instead of error page.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Problem Editing in Data Sheet Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: