Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Asked By: Jefferson    Date: Aug 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 593

Does anyone know much about this issue? I am experiencing the symptoms described in MS Knowledge Base Article number 888839 - support.microsoft.com/default.aspx And going through the steps identified in the resolution did not actually resolve the problem.

And I just had a very confusing conversation with an MS support rep who kept saying things like, “There is no hotfix for this, so I’m going to close the case. So after I send you the hotfix….”

Basically, I am trying to restore a portal from one server to another. When the portal was first created, the server on which it was created was not running any service packs for SPS 2003. The server where I was trying to restore the portal was running service pack 1.

I have since installed service pack 1 on the original server, created another database backup, and attempted to restore to the second server.

I began to think that there was a database table where it listed the correct schema version number, and that, for already-existing portals, the number was not updated when the service pack was applied.

Sure enough, on both the SPS01_Config_DB and portalname_Site databases, there is a table called PortalSchemaVersion with a single row. Both tables have columns called SchemaVersion and BuildVersion. So here are some metrics:

The MSSrch.dll Version Number on both the source and destination SPS servers are 11.0.6715.0, which indicates service pack 1.
The build version in the source server SPS01_Config_DB is 11.0.5704.0 (suggesting no service packs)
The build version in the destination server SPS01_Config_DB is 11.0.5704.0 (SP1)
The build version in the _site database being migrated is 11.0.5704.0 (no service packs)
The schema version in the source server SPS01_config_db is
The schema version in the destination server SPS01_config_db is
The schema version in the _site database being migrated is

So without further ado, here are some actual questions………

If I update the records in the database, will that solve the problem? Do I change the build version, the schema version, or both? Do I make the changes in the config database or in the site database? What are the correct values?

Or, do I just get permanently banned from the SharePoint community for poking around in the database?

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on PortalSchemaVersion Or get search suggestion and latest updates.