Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Portal Server Getting Alerts for non-approved items

Asked By: Marissa    Date: Mar 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 11461

I was hoping that portal would send alerts to me for non-approved
items. This way I would know when an item has been added to a list
that needs approved. Instead, alerts are based on search which will
only index approved items. Am I correct on this? How could I get
portal to send alerts on non-approved items?

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sharonda Mcfarland     Answered On: Mar 13

You should be able to create an alert using the alert me link under actions on the left of the page. Under Alert me about:, select added  item… I think it should alert you about non-approved  items that are added......

Answer #2    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Mar 13

it works this way on WSS sites, but I have never played with receiving alerts  for required approval content on a portal. So I take it that it isn’t working?

Answer #3    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: Mar 13

I just started my sharepoint portal  machine, and I click manage content, document library. On the left, there is an alert me link as well, but the alert page looks so different… Under advance, there is two checkboxes, items  are discovered and items are changed. Assuming Items are discovered is the same as new item, will this let you know required approval content is added?

Answer #4    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Mar 13

WSS Sites will send  the alert if it is approved  or not. However, on the portal  it is not sending the alert unless it approved.

I don’t think that I have a setting wrong anywhere…do it?

Well if I can’t get this working I am wondering how I can help people to find that they have new listings in their area to approve.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Portal Server Getting Alerts for non-approved items Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: