Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Portal Area Templates

Asked By: Hector    Date: Aug 27    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1194

Hello,
I am trying to create a template for the Portal Area. Is there a way to upload area templates into the listing? I am familiar with doing this for site templates.. Just not sure how to do this for areas. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Noah Carr     Answered On: Aug 27

Could you detail what exactly you want to do?

Creating Area Template is not an easy process, but I could point  you in the right direction

Answer #2    Answered By: Skyler Poole     Answered On: Aug 27

Hello,

We want to be able to create  additional area  templates that users can select when creating subareas. For example, we want to modify the Contents Area template  - and set it as a standard for other subareas when created.

Answer #3    Answered By: Demetrius Mcdaniel     Answered On: Aug 27

This is a pretty thought subject and unfortunately there is no visual way to do this.

1. You need to get familiar  with templates
msdn.microsoft.com/.../tsovIntroTemplates.asp

2. Topics template  are nothing else than WSS templates  that only applied to Topics

3. The template list for Topics are contained in the webtempsps.xml file located in \TEMPLATE\1033\XML

4. From this file, you can find the sub-dir name for the Content Area template -> SPSTOC

5. In the directory TEMPLATE\1033\SPSTOC, locate the file XML\onet.xml, this file contains the definition of the template and how it is provisionned. Making changes will involve making additional changes in this file and other files and directory

6. In order to create  a new template, you will need to clone an existing one and add it to the WEBTEMPSPS.XML

Answer #4    Answered By: Jake Harvey     Answered On: Aug 27

In addition, there is a new article on MSDN

msdn.microsoft.com/.../...zingSharePointSites2.asp

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Portal Area Templates Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: