Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Please Help with External Content Type Problem--Required vs Optional Fields

Asked By: Ken    Date: Oct 01    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 1619

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have been googling for a couple of hours now and I always get the same solution, implement it, and it doesn't seem to be working.

I am working on a very simple External Content Type. It is called Category and it uses LINQ to SQL for reading/writing.

Everything is working great except for the create and update methods (these are functional, but the form in SharePoint is not right).

I have a table called Category and it has 3 columns:

Id (Int32, Primary Key)
Name (System.String)
SortOrder(Int32?)
Regardless of what I do when I create or update a category, the SharePoint form always shows up with the Name being optional and the SortOrder being required. I want just the opposite.

From what I've read, I've done the following to try to resolve this (this is on the category In parameter):

The TypeDescriptor 'SortOrder' is of type System.Nullable`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]

In the property collection for the 'Name' Type Description, I set RequiredInForms/System.Boolean/true

In the property collection for the SortOrder Type Description, I set the RequiredInForms/System.Boolean/false

Regardless of what I do the new or update form always appears with the Name optional and the SortOrder required, and I want just the opposite.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Tagged: