Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Permissions/Groups Growing Arms/Legs

Asked By: Andrew    Date: Oct 17    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 1240

I just joined to ask some questions regarding a sharepoint site I am looking after. I split inheritance on all the sub sites so that I could set up individual groups and restrict user permissions to certain parts of each site.

I keep getting issues where owners of these groups, who also are set up to give access to user access requests, are getting emails for the request but when they pick the group to assign the user they get an access denied error, just like you get if you do not have permissions.

I check the group permissions and the owner has the following permissions in most cases:

Limited/full access

I do not know where the limited comes from and when I try and change it the tick box is grayed out.

Any ideas what else I can check to see why access requestor users are not getting access to the sites they are trying to assign users to?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sirisha Reddimasi     Answered On: Oct 17

Other than Admins by default sharepoint will assign Limited access for all users.
Create a Group for site Admins and give permissions as FUll Control or Contribute. Then add the respected users.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Permissions/Groups Growing Arms/Legs Or get search suggestion and latest updates.