MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Permission and versioning problems

Asked By: Patrick    Date: Apr 22    Category: MOSS    Views: 783

I'm working on a MOSS 2007 portal and I have some problem with the versioning/rights on word contents.

I want only the last approved version to be seen by the common users (who have only read access on the content).
I publish and approve a major version 1.0 of my content as an administrator, then I continue to modify the content always saving a minor draft version (1.1,1.2) so the current version as admin is a draft 1.2.
So I expect the simple user (with read access) to see only the last approved version. First it seems to work fine because the last version you see when you check the version history( and also when you look at the sharepoint library) is the 1.0 approved BUT when you open the file, the version you see in the word editor is the last minor draft version(1.2. here).

Is that a known bug (incredible for an ECM solution?!) or am i missing something in the versioning or rights configuration?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Linsey Bauer     Answered On: Apr 22

I found the problem.
I'm connected to the VM with the admin rights and apparently Sharepoint use that admin rights to open file instead of using the user rights that is connected on the portal.
So when I use the simple user login to enter my VM, it works, I can only open published Major version.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Permission and versioning problems Or get search suggestion and latest updates.