Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Performance of Internet WCM Publishing Site

Asked By: Raven    Date: Oct 20    Category: MOSS    Views: 1220

I have a client that would like to use the MOSS Platform to build both internal and external web sites. While this is certanly possible, I am a bit concerned about the performance externally.

The size of the CSS and JavaScript files that are included with SharePoint are vary large and I am concerned that this will lead to a slow experience for lower bandwidth users.

While Microsoft has done an excellent job reducing the page size between version 2 and this version, the core,js and default style sheets are still quite large.

My question is this, Is there any guidance for producing a style sheet / js file that has the minimum amount of information to run a publically facing site. We would not need everything since these folks would not be using all of the built in functionality in SharePoint but for mow would simply be viewing pages.

My plan is to have a seperate site to publish the content to that has a different masterpage with smaller stylesheet and JS files for the public site. Does this sound feasilble or am I looking at something the wrong way ?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Josie Barron     Answered On: Oct 20

From what I can tell, that would make the most sense.

I am thinking that I should have one site  that they use to do the editing internally (not accessible from the Internet Zone) and then publish  this content  after approval to the externally  facing site. I still need to do some research on getting this set up but the settings that I have loked lead  me to believe this is possible.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Performance of Internet WCM Publishing Site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: