Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

People Search - Error

Asked By: Marilyn    Date: Feb 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 894

If I try to search for a people using "user account who has Read only access" it is throwing the below Error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Xml.XmlNode.RemoveChild(XmlNode oldChild) at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.PeopleCoreResultsWebPart.DeleteElementAddToMyColleaguesURL(XmlNode result) at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.PeopleCoreResultsWebPart.CreateXmlDocument() at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.PeopleCoreResultsWebPart.SortBySocialDistance() at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.PeopleCoreResultsWebPart.GetXPathNavigator(String viewPath)

However if I uses "System Account" which has "Full control", it is working as expected.

Any Inputs?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Doris Leach     Answered On: Feb 01

It is working, if i search  with few names and failing for few.

Answer #2    Answered By: Sumitra 2004     Answered On: Feb 01

Open the peopleresults.aspx page (since this is the page where the error  was being displayed) in a web browser

Go to Site Actions, Edit Page

For the people  Search Core Results Web Part (where the search  results are displayed), select Edit, Modify Shared Web Part

Expand the Results Display/Views and change the Default Results View to Relevance rather than the default setting of Social Distance

Click Ok and then Publish the newly edited page

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on People Search - Error Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: