Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

People Picker Browse not returning all domain users

Asked By: Sp    Date: Mar 09    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 9100

We have a farm installed. Because we going to remove the old domain in future (domainA) we also have a new domain called domainB. These 2 domains have 2-way trust. When adding a user [domainA\usernameXYZ] using People Editor and click Check Names, SharePoint can find the usernameXYZ from that domainA and I'm able to provide permissions.

But if I click on Browse and open Select People and Groups box and search for usernameXYZ, SharePoint only shows accounts from domainB but not domainA. How is this possible? When we randomly look for a name, it returns all accounts from domainB but not from domainA.

What is the difference in how People Editor text box search account when clicking Check Names and how Select People and Groups directory search account? Aren't they both searching from AD?

We have set the web application using classic authentication. I know by default SharePoint able to search for accounts from all two-way trusted domains. I have checked stsadm peoplepicker searchadforest get property and no setting done to any domains specifically. Value=No. We have installed SharePoint farm in domainB.

Please help, what could be the issue?

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on People Picker Browse not returning all domain users Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: