Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Passing the currently logged-in user name as a parameter to the SSRS report

Asked By: Melissa    Date: Jan 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 7631

We are developing a BI solution which extensively uses SSRS. Below is the platform details.

1. MOSS and SQL server are installed in a single server.

2. Regular windows authetication enabled ( Example the user logs in as DOMAIN\USERNAME or e2escv1\suraj

3. i have configured SSRS to run in sharepoint intergrated mode and getting all the report in the SSRS webpart after installing the SSRS add in for Sharepoint.

I would like to pass the logged-in user name as a parameter to the ssrs report, since based on the user the querry result is different

Question 1: Where and how do i find the user name of the current logged in user .

Question 2: If i am able to find the user and put it in a session variable how do i pass it to the SSRS report webpart so that it can be sent as a parameter to fetch the report.

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Phenil Poriya     Answered On: Jan 17

If your reports are based  on SSAS cubes, you can also use "roles", to restrict data access perimeter. It works damn great.

Answer #2    Answered By: Dante Parsons     Answered On: Jan 17

I found an answer in another forum where, i was suggested to use the CurrentUser webpart  filter.

Now using this filter i was able to connect to the SSRS webpart (using connections) and then pass  the user  name as loggedin to sharepoint  ( not windows  domain), based  on which i was able to run  a user based querry.

Answer #3    Answered By: Luke Davis     Answered On: Jan 17

Is the expression: =User!UserID not working for you? This is all built in SSRS and has nothing to do with MOSS.