Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

parse email in custom list

Asked By: Vishnu    Date: Aug 19    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 8111

I realize that email can be enabled and automatically parsed in some standard lists and libraries in SP, but how do you do this in a custom list?

One approach I was thinking of is to enable it in a library and then parse the sender, subject, etc and use it to populate in a list manually. Is there any approach (without coding) to parse email and possibly create a list item based on that email?

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Angarika Shroff     Answered On: Aug 19

Can i achieve this without the coding  you mentioned

Answer #2    Answered By: James Wang     Answered On: Apr 27

You can take a look at http://anurasoftware.com/ Their products should be able to help you to do it.

Anura Email Enabled List extends receiving incoming emails to all types of SharePoint lists. Microsoft SharePoint only supports a few types of list to receive incoming emails. Anura Software helps you to remove this restriction and extend this ability to all your selected lists, such as task list, issue tracking list, and any custom lists. Anura Email Enabled List is the email management and collaboration solution for your organization.

When used with Outlook or Exchange email forwarding/redirection, emails can be redirected and saved to SharePoint lists automatically.

Data parsing feature allows data to be parsed from email body. An easier data entering solution than InfoPath form.

Anura Email Enabled List also supports the outgoing email features which can send auto-reply confirmation and notification emails.

Answer #3    Answered By: Brian Adams     Answered On: Oct 09

We use Cloud2050.com's (http://www.cloud2050.com) solution to sync emails to SharePoint custom list. It can parse email metadata nicely and it doesn't require server side configuration.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on parse email in custom list Or get search suggestion and latest updates.