Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Page Distortion when clicked on modfy shared wp

Asked By: Shasta    Date: Oct 19    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1490

I am using custom master page and css for a publishing site. When i click on modify shared webpart , The entire page gets distorted like search pane align will be centered...The header portion ,LOGO goes to the top of the page and the publish page pane will come below the header& logo pane (but it shd be above the header region.

What might be the reason for this...Is there any changes to be done in master page & page layouts...???? OR Is it possible to do any changes in CSS...

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Stacia Guy     Answered On: Oct 19

No#1. Edits in an publishing  site only happen in Authoring environment and not the final publishing environment. So this distoration should not matter much as end-users wont see that its only authors.

Now this distoration only happens due to the custom  CSS used with your custom Master page  and Page Layouts (web-parts zone). You will have to carefully play around the css  using the IE Developer tool bar and modify  the styles accordingly. Believe me its efforts that will be just done for authoring and which is not available to end users anyways.

In edit mode the styling is usually kept default. Most of the classes and ID’s of the content are different when in edit mode, so the styling of elements inside web parts is rather easy to separate, but the web parts themselves aren’t. When editing a page, some web part zones and web parts will get other class.

You need to decide between the time spent vs. the usability. For sure it is the CSS and Page Layouts that are causing it (as you have now a custom master  page).

So you want to retain design and elegance for the display experience. So, most likely you want a ton of custom javascript/css/html in edit mode that you will have to play around that will work best in both modes (display/Edit).

Answer #2    Answered By: Kacy Bright     Answered On: Oct 19

This problem i have also faced. The reason  may be that since u have customized the master page  and CSS u might have forgot to close some html tags in the master  page.

I think u must check them.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Page Distortion when clicked on modfy shared wp Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: