Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Override core.css with my custom .css for changing the skin of access denied page

Asked By: Rohit    Date: Jul 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3196

i need to ovveride core.css with my custom .css for changing the skin of access denied page

i tried cretaing my own css and added a reference link in the accessdenied.aspx page it is not working

please provide any inputs in brief with all steps and code if possible

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Shashwat Takle     Answered On: Jul 30

also try referencing ur custom css  under in simple.master page  just before closing </HEAD> tag. I hope you have used the same class names thats there in core.css to override  ur sharepoint styles.

Answer #2    Answered By: Aastha Acharya     Answered On: Jul 30

but any other way without touching the simple .master
as i am relatively new to MOSS dev , my architect is asking me to do without touching it, he is saying if required i can go ahead a creating a new masterpage

any pointers ....

Answer #3    Answered By: Glenda Roth     Answered On: Jul 30

1. easiest way is take a copy of simple.master and rename and use the renamed master page  for accessdenied page.

2. Another approach is create your own layout page and in web.config you can redirect the user to ur custom  page.

3. Write an httpmodule which will get fired on each and every request and inside that u can check the current page url and inside url if you find acceessdenied.aspx then u can apply ur custom master page using sharepoint object model at run time.

I hope above methods are useful.

Tagged: