Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Outlook 2007 calendar to sharepoint

Asked By: Brittanie    Date: Jan 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1039

i would like to ask u guys, i working on sharepoint calendaring and i want to ask is there possible to import outlook calendar to sharepoint calendar instead of the other way round? For example, i have 10 users using outlook and they upload their annocement or event in their own outlook calendar, so when they update the sharepoint are able to view all the 10 users events at once?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ali Javed     Answered On: Jan 01

This seems to be a popular question as I tried to answer it (not from you!) about a week ago.

As you seem to know already, you can put SharePoint calendars in Outlook and if it's Outlook 2007 then you have two-way sync of those calendars but you can't put Outlook calendars in SharePoint.

In other words the solution is to provide a SharePoint calendar  to which all those ten users have access with Contributor rights) and they should put their announcements/events there. Then all ten users' announcements/events will be available in one SP location and yet each user will be able to update that single calendar in the copy of it that is in his own Outlook 2007 alongside the Outlook Calendar.

I.e. the users will continue to use Outlook when posting their Events/Announcements, they will just post announcements/events relevant to all ten users in one "Outlook" calendar and their other meetings in their normal Outlook calendar

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Outlook 2007 calendar to sharepoint Or get search suggestion and latest updates.