Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How do I order a list

Asked By: Ty    Date: Aug 31    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1063

I have a list of "Announcements"-- and by default, the latest one added gets
added to the top of list.

Please--- how do I reorder the list??

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Dominick Blake     Answered On: Aug 31

The answer is in Views. Any list  you can assign views to customize the look and feel of the presented data. Reference the posting I did yesterday 4/1 titled "Customize Calendar"

You will want to change the way the columns are sorted. Find "SORT" in your desired view, select the column you want sorted along with the ascending or descending feature. Click OK and you are on your way.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Answer #2    Answered By: Randall Hunt     Answered On: Aug 31

Not sure I follow. Let me take a stab. I'm assuming the "home page" you are referring to is the home page of your team site. Home page of your team site I'm assuming where your announcements  reside. I'll also assume that you have the view created the way you want it. Now you'll have the change the default  display.

1. Click the arrow on the right side of your web part header and select "modify shared web part"
2. You are presented with a dialogue box to the right of your page.
Under "List Views" click the drop down, select your new view you created and click OK on the bottom.

Also know that these same steps apply to all of your documents and lists you create on your page.

Hope this helps

Answer #3    Answered By: Joe Hart     Answered On: Aug 31

I went to the Web Part ane took a look at the metadata there---- I only have one 'view' of this 'announcements list'-- I just toggled off and on---- and all is fine now.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How do I order a list Or get search suggestion and latest updates.