Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Oracle with BDC Metaman

Asked By: Mayur    Date: Apr 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1669

I want to fetch some informatin from Oracle view from Oracle database. I have the Oracle connection information as well as BDC Metaman.

Whenever I try to connect oracle database using bdcmentaman it give error of missing oracle client. It seems I have to install oracle client on MOSS server. I have installed oracle or its client on this machine.

I downloaded oracle client from www.oracle.com/.../index.html and did following steps

Unzip the file into C:\Program Files\Oracle\instantclient_11_1

In the PATH environment variable, add this directory to the end.

Create a new system variable TNS_ADMIN and set to C:\Program Files\Oracle\instantclient_11_1

Then I rebooted moss server and first try to connect and test thru MIcrosoft ODBC for Oracle, it is showing that Oracle components is missing.

Then I google more on this, in various article mention that installed oracle client folder should have tnsnames.ora, How can I create this file or get this file.

I als tried with BDC Metaman again, but got same error.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Dwight Becker     Answered On: Apr 14

while installing the oracle  cliet u might have selected a folder(Ex: C:\oracle\)

navigate to folder  and follow the below path.. there can find the tnsnames.ora file

C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_4\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora

tnsnames.ora will look like this...

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_4\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SOmename =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = HOSTName)(PORT = Port))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = ServiceName)
)
)
tnsnames.ora is the file  where u are going to specify the details of the oracle database..

if the file is empty u have to provide the details of oracle database  as below

SOmename =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = HOSTName)(PORT = Port))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = ServiceName)
)
)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Oracle with BDC Metaman Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: