Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Opening word document dialog box prompt

Asked By: Rod    Date: Oct 18    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 8732

When I open a word document (or any document) from a basic search I'm prompted with a dialog box to 'Open', 'Save', or 'Cancel'. The file name of the document also changes as %20 replaces all spaces. If I open then do a 'save as' the path is not the SharePoint document library but instead the default is my local Windows 7 profile path.

When I open the same document from the document library I get a dialog box prompting to 'edit' or 'read-only'. When I choose either then do a 'save as' the path is the SharePoint document library from where I opened the document.

Can anyone help me configure the search scenario to behave the same as opening a document from the document library (i.e. 'edit' or 'read-only' dialog box prompt)

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rod Mcdermid     Answered On: Oct 19

I've found that the same behaviour does not exist under Office 2010. I am having the problem with SharePoint 2010 and Office 2007. When testing the scenario using Office 2010 the problem goes away. I guess the question now is, can you make Office 2007 integrate with SharePoint 2010 in the same way as Office 2010.

Answer #2    Answered By: Sirisha Reddimasi     Answered On: Nov 29

I think i also faced same kind of problem with MS Word/Excel files.
Please try to set the below option in your IE browser and check it once.
Open your IE Browser-->Open Tools-->Internet Options-->Security Tab-->Internet/Local intranet-->Custom Level-->Under Downloads-->set "Enable" for 3 options

and then browse your sharepoint and check it once.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Opening word document dialog box prompt Or get search suggestion and latest updates.