MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

open email link to xlsx (excel 2007) file in MOSS 2007 document library

Asked By: Ramsey    Date: Oct 28    Category: MOSS    Views: 4122

If anyone have encounter this issue and have found a solution to resolve it. Please share it. Thanks so much.

How do i open link of xlsx file in email in editable mode without going throught all these messages
Or How to prevent xlviewer path attached in email link of xlsx files as in the link below

I have xlsx file (excel 2007) in document library and use the option Sent To to email a link of the document to my email address.

when I open the email and click on the link, I got the following message.
(note that I logged on to the machine using the same credential that have permission of full control to the file in document library)

"the file you are trying to open, 'xlviewer.aspx', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now"

If choose YES, then the file open but in read only mode

If NO, then another message displayed:
File in Use
test.xlsx is locked for editing by 'another user'
Open 'Read Only' or click 'Notify' to open read-only and receive notification when the document is no longer in use
If I select Notify, the file opened as read only and in a few minutes, anothe instant of the file open and allow editing...

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Corina Duran     Answered On: Oct 28

you done it !!!!! Bravo.. just in this blog trail, many of us have been waiting for this...and how many users have complaint to me about this...
I just applied the fix and it worked wonderful.