Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

office editions compatability

Asked By: Andrea    Date: Jul 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 624

which edition of microsoft office 2007 is more compatible with sharepoint features and its business intelligence solutions.... office 2007 professional or office 2007 enterprise edition??

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Courtney Scott     Answered On: Jul 12

For sure I would say Enterprise (as you get infopath bundled with Enterprise version and not with Professional).
Also you can't have enterprise version on your home PC, as that is licensing violation (Enterprise is meant for Volume licensing and generally used @ workplace). Professional is more for home use, though you can still get the Business Intelligence stuff from Professional 2007 (Excel 2007 is included).

Answer #2    Answered By: Jagdeep Hor     Answered On: Jul 12

actually , previously i was using enterprise edition  only and in that i was getting the sharepoint features in excel... but in professional edition i m not getting those options, (like excel services when we publish any of aur excel sheets)....

so shud i opt for enterprise edition for business intelligence solutions???

Answer #3    Answered By: Aja Howe     Answered On: Jul 12

excel services will be available in enterprise edition  of MOSS. if you extensively using BI
stuff then enterprise edition is must

Answer #4    Answered By: Cecil Mckenzie     Answered On: Jul 12

Excel Services is part of the Enterprise version and not the standard version of MOSS. Hence it doesnt matter which version of office  you use if the backend i.e. MOSS is not enterprise version you wont get the Ent features also.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on office editions compatability Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: