Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Novice Question - Books

Asked By: Katie    Date: Jul 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 644

Hello Members of the MS SharePoint World,

My new boss has just appointed with the task of learning how to deploy, create and administer various SharePoint sites. Therefore, I am on quest to locate and purchase Books and CBTs.

I am particularly looking for books that will explain SharePoint by using an actual SharePoint project.

Please share with me any resources that may be available to help me achieve the aforementioned goal.

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Jul 01

microsoft has hands on stuff in thier "virtual labs"

the resource kit is good as well.

Answer #2    Answered By: Royce Orr     Answered On: Jul 01

This book takes you
through a scenario of a Florist shop if i remember correctly.
Basically you will need a lab environment (Virtual PC or VMWare is
perfectly acceptable) to run through the exersizes but in the end
you should have a pretty decent grasp on the subject. This was
created for Novice users and is pretty detailed in its explainations.

Answer #3    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Jul 01

It is called SharePoint Step By Step:

It was one of the more difficult books  I've written. The editing process was grueling, they actually told me that even though the screen used the term URL I had to reference the “text in the Internet Explorer Address Bar” because the target audience may not know what a URL was.

In the end, I think it turned out exceptionally well. For ~$15-20, you really can't go wrong.

Answer #4    Answered By: Nina Banks     Answered On: Jul 01

Lent my copy to one of my clients who wants to know how to use Sharepoint. I must follow up and see whether there's any work for me there

Answer #5    Answered By: Renee Murray     Answered On: Jul 01

I am planning on finishing the book by the middle of next week. Any suggestions on another book after I finish the Step by Step book?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Novice Question - Books Or get search suggestion and latest updates.