Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

No such field name No field was found with that name. Check the name, and try again.

  Asked By: Prince    Date: Dec 21    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1304

I did a search at search.microsoft.com for “No such field name No field was found with that name. Check the name, and try again.” And it gave me support.microsoft.com/default.aspx . After reading the article, I remembered that I had changed the schema.xml in SPSSITES/LIST/SITESLST.

We didn’t like Division and Region fields, so I changed the DisplayName for the fields to Directorate and Target respectively and changed the actual choices for the fields to match our needs.

When I started working on creating custom site definitions I had changed Name of the Region and Division fields to Directorate and Target fields in the schema.xml. It appears that AllItems.aspx and ManageSites.aspx are expecting the Region and Division fields. I copied the Region and Division fields from the backup copy of the schema.xml and pasted them into the working schema.xml, changed the <CHOICES> for each to match what we wanted, and deleted the Directorate and Target fields from the schema.xml.

I still got the error. So I put back the Directorate and Target fields and the error went away. However, now the Summary.aspx page displays what looks like duplicate items under Browse Sites By but they are actually one set for Region and Division and a set for Directorate and Target.

I deleted the portal and deleted the Directorate and Target fields from the schema.xml, did an iisreset, and created a new portal and everything is working correctly. Thankfully this is a development effort.

Bottom line is to make sure you have everything backed up and test as thoroughly as possible before committing to production.

Share: 

 

1 Answer Found

 
Answer #1    Answered By: Vance Hardin     Answered On: Dec 21

I have created  a second protal on our SharePoint Poral Server 2003 for development  and testing. this pportal is assigned port 101 instead of the default port 80. Everything appeared to work fine. I saved a team site  that is under the default portal  as a site template with content, saved the template as a .stp, then used stsadm.exe to add the .stp file to the new portal on port 101. I created a new team site on the new portal using the template and everything worked fine. I created a few team sites  using the defrault team site template. I opened the test  team sites individually and deleted  them via the Site Administration page.

So far so good until I went to the Sitedirectory page  and tried to Manage Site so I could delete the listings for those sites. That is when I get:

No such field  name No field was found  with that name. Check the name, and try again.

I get the same thing if I try the All Items page.

 




Tagged: