Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (when managing datas

Asked By: Britney    Date: Aug 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2439

I have VM where I configured SSRS 2005 with Sharepoint. Later after several barriers I successfully integrated SSRS 2008 with Sharepoint. But seems not quite yet. I get following error message when I try to manage datasources

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it x.x.x.x:443 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

Although I am not using any SSL report URL still for some reason Sharepoint is trying to access SSL. I've used CA to configure reporting services to use http://devmoss2007vpc:8090/Reports URL.

Can someone advice me what should I do to resolve this issue?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Riley Scott     Answered On: Aug 13

Apparently I found out that when you install SSRS 2008 and while installing if you specify to integrate with sharepoint the RSServer.Config file's SecureConnectionLevel settings gets default value of 2. This means all request made  to report web services is redirected to secure connection. I changed it to 0 and it seems to now work perfect.