Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

NLB with SharePoint Farm (UNCLASSIFIE D)

Asked By: Elvis    Date: Nov 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1018

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

Sorry…I guess I left out a couple details.

- SP1 for W2k3 is installed

- SP2 for WSS is installed

- SP2 for SPS is installed

- The SPS control panel says the farm is fine (supported topology)

I’ll add the new web server to the farm topology and see how it runs…I just can’t figure out why only one of my FQDNs work (they all did before I set up NLB and only had 1 web server).

Share: 

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gregg Wilkinson     Answered On: Nov 28

I just finished adding it to the topology. It says everything is fine, but I now only have access to 4 of the 10 sites.

Answer #2    Answered By: Darrel Sexton     Answered On: Nov 28

I believe you will need win2k3 R2 to fix the host headers over SSL issue. SPS SP2 and WSS SP2 should have fixed the 'All Unassigned' issue, but I have not tested it myself.

Answer #3    Answered By: Tory Sellers     Answered On: Nov 28

At TechEd, the info was the W2K3 SP1 fixed the host header / SSL issue but I have not tested it yet either.

Answer #4    Answered By: Arron Middleton     Answered On: Nov 28

I am having some difficulties setting up network load balancing with my Windows server  2003/SPS Farm. I currently have 1 search, 1 index, 2 SQL and 2 web  servers. I finally got both web servers to converge last night, but I can’t  seem to access all the sites that I have on the farm. I currently have 10 SSL IPs/FQDNs for the farm, but can only access one of them. They are all added to the same NLB cluster (in unicast mode). Do I need to assign web server rights to the second server in the SPS control  panel? Does anyone know how to get past this issue, point me to some literature, or have alternate methods? I could use some help.

Answer #5    Answered By: Vance Hardin     Answered On: Nov 28

- Do you have Windows server  2003 SP1 applied? That extended support for host headers and SSL in IIS?

- Also yours does not seem to be a supported  topology for sps  as I recall.

- all web  front-ends will need to have that roll designated in the farm  topology.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on NLB with SharePoint Farm (UNCLASSIFIE D) Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: