Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Need to add network folders in the team site

Asked By: Praneeth    Date: Jul 07    Category: MOSS    Views: 1570

Hi,

We have a file server where we store data. The user wants to create few buttons in the website , which should enable him to open the documentts from the file server.

Example: lets say you have a network drive called usa , where you store data of each and every state and you check folder called population .. in file server it is like

\\usa\california\population\population.xml

he wants to create a button called california population, if the user clicks on the button .. the xml from the file server should openup .. Any suggestions, please advise.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sarita Patel     Answered On: Jul 07

It is very difficult to understand your question. Could you please provide more details on what I understand from your question.

1) You want to add  network folders  in the team  site?
2) The user  wants to create  few buttons  in the website  , which should enable  him to open  the documentts from the file  server.

If possible also mention node format of XML you are trying to access.

Answer #2    Answered By: Praneeth Tetali     Answered On: Jul 07

oops that's a typo. It's not an xml file  . It's an xls file. I was giving an example  .

Let me eloborate the question for you.

The user  is creating html buttons  on the team  site page and wants to link the files in the File server.

<CENTER><INPUT title="
Fraud Queue Dashboard (
" style="WIDTH: 140px" onclick="window.open('\\sjc-efs-01\group\apple\Fraud Queue Dashboard\Current')" type=button value="Fraud Q Dashboard"></CENTER></TD>

This code isn’t working because apparently the drive  on which this folder  is located does not have a startup script?

Any altrenative for this

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Need to add network folders in the team site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: