Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

MySite and SQL DB error

Asked By: Adam    Date: Jan 05    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 909

I recently experienced some network password issues with SPS. The users in question has all of the necessary rights and it seemed to be tied to the users not the PC they were logged into. I removed them as a portal user then added them again with no luck. Finally, I deleted them from AD and added them again (Issue with the user SID?) and it worked.

Nasty side effect was the users that I deleted the AD account I am unable to connect to their personal MySite. As the users log into the portal and hit "MySite" they receive the following error:

Error Message
"Your personal site cannot be created because a site already exists with your username. Contact your site administrator for more information"

Any suggestions?

Has anyone received this error before? If so, would a simple re-boot of the SQL server reindex the user to the account?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Karl Reid     Answered On: Jan 05

Resolved a nagging little error  that I'd like to pass along just in case you are going through the same cycles. See my posting below for initial issue.

Resolution: As simple  as it sounds I just needed to update the "personal site" fields in SPS. By default this is /personal/<userid>.

Site Settings > Manage Profile Database > View user  Profiles > edit

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on MySite and SQL DB error Or get search suggestion and latest updates.