Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Multiple Issues with My sites ( public & private view)

Asked By: Chaim    Date: Mar 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1554

Is it possible to arrange Targeted links so that they display in alphabetical order?
We have user pictures in a single directory that are tied to their logon name in AD, is there a way to get them onto the public view of the My Site? Is that field meant to be entered individually in SharePoint? I am not a AD expert, but is it possible to map in AD and pull over to SharePoint? If so, where can they be added in AD?
How do you remove the Recent Documents from the public view of a my site? We use a document management system, so those links are not only unnecessary, but confusing to our users.

Share: 

6 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Mar 25

Anyone???????????????????????????????

Answer #2    Answered By: Alisha Holmes     Answered On: Mar 25

I can try for some of it.

Targeted link org – have you tried going into the settings and just changing the sort order?

Recent Docs – logon  to your personal site  as an Administrator, switch to Shared view  and remove  the web part. This will affect the public  view of all personal sites.

Answer #3    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Mar 25

Moving "Recent Documents" from Public to Private

mindsharpblogs.com/.../668.aspx

Answer #4    Answered By: Nina Banks     Answered On: Mar 25

Answer #5    Answered By: Sharonda Mcfarland     Answered On: Mar 25

Sorry for the confusion. THis is so frustrating! Sharepoint is a great tool, but MS missed the boat on so many things!

The Targeted links  don't have view  editing capabilities either on the My Site or on the Site Settings portion so I can't seem to get them in alpha order.

Any help on a strategy to get pictures  of 2000 users  into either AD so they can be mapped would be helpful. I am looking into the AD solution because that seems to be the only way to do a bulk upload into the user  profiles in Sharepoint. I am open to other suggestions, but really need an enterprise solution.

Answer #6    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Mar 25

Inline………….............................

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Multiple Issues with My sites ( public & private view) Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: