Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Move site from authenticated to anonymous

Asked By: Holly    Date: Mar 06    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 757

I have a simple question but have never tried it before.

I have a WSS site on an authenticated virtual server that I need moved to a site on an anonymous virtual server. If I use the stsadmin tool and backup the secure site, and then restore to the anonymous site, will the security attributes also be restored? Or is there a better way to do this? There is a lot of content on the site, custom lists, etc.. so manually moving everything is less than desirable

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mary Adams     Answered On: Mar 06

smigrate should work for your cause

Answer #2    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: Mar 06

If you backup  and restore  using frontpage security  attributes wont restore,I think you can use frontpage if you don’t want to restore security attributes.

Answer #3    Answered By: Alyssa Butler     Answered On: Mar 06

Security and personalization should not be moved.

Answer #4    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Mar 06

I believe that the security  customizations will not persist, so you’ll need to do the manually. The authenticated/anonymous setting is a virtual  server setting, not a site/site collection setting. Now it is true that we can turn off and on anonymous  on the web level, but the base setting is a virtual server  setting.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Move site from authenticated to anonymous Or get search suggestion and latest updates.