Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Move all access 2003 data to sharepoint2010

Asked By: Sharepoint2010    Date: Oct 21    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 2065

Hi All,

I need to move all access 2003 data to sharepoint 2010. We have around 20 tables in access database which needs to be moved into SP2010. As an initial step, I am identifying the lists, Content types, columns etc that needs to be created.

Client doesn't want to use any custom code. Everything should be done OOTB.

Kindly help me with some links / blogs / tools that would help me achieve the same.

I would appreciate any help.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jim Lipko     Answered On: Nov 14

As you probably found out by now, all tables,queries, and Forms, must be recreated if you are using Access Services. The big issue is that you need to use Macros and not VB code in your dbase. This is time consuming and your client should be made aware of the changes to get this web functionality. You can use both if that is an option - users can use Access 2010 to use some of your old menus to edit and add data, but your web users are going to need to have all their menus changed so that SharePoint/Access can publish the pages. Hope this helps!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Move all access 2003 data to sharepoint2010 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.