MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

MOSS2007 & Reporting Services in Integrated Mode

Asked By: Deepak    Date: Feb 09    Category: MOSS    Views: 1009

I have read over a lot of help files and a lot of posts, but I'm just not 100% sure on this and I want to be before I undertake this on our existing environment. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

The setup is with SQL Server 2005 and MOSS 2007. The are on seperate boxes. The SQL Server box is dedicated for the sharepoint farm. We have configured reporting services for integrated mode. Now it is waiting on us to configure from the sharepoint end through central admin. When I go to do that, using a username/password that is local admin on the sql box, I get a message that "group is not found". Sorry if I've paraphrased a little bit there. Upon googling I find out it's looking for the WSS_WPG group on the sql box. That group exists fine on the sharepoint box, but not on the sql box. That confuses me a little bit.

I did some more googling (or maybe it was binging, who knows) and I see people saying that you have to install wss3.0 on the sql box. Is this really the case?? Seems kind of weird, I just want the sharepoint box to play nice with the sql box, do I really have to put sharepoint on the sql box? Other posts I found said I could just install the wss3.0 object model on the sql box. Not sure the exact difference there, I did see an SDK that included the object model, would that be sufficient? I don't want to put any extra load on the sql box over and above what I have to in order to make this work. Especially when i get to production (this is in test) it will matter more because that is a more complicated load balanced setup.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Madison Clark     Answered On: Feb 09

The same version of SharePoint 2007 that you are running in your Farm needs to be installed with reporting  services or install reporting services  on your SharePoint Server and use the SQL 2005 Instance to host the Db

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on MOSS2007 & Reporting Services in Integrated Mode Or get search suggestion and latest updates.