MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

MOSS 2007B2TR - Slipstream

Asked By: Bob    Date: Sep 30    Category: MOSS    Views: 520

I have tried installing a fresh copy of MOSS B2TR on a new VM using the slipstream method and encountered the following error: "Failed to create the configuration database"

The strange thing is after the failed setup, I am able to see the configuration database installed.

Anyone encountered that?

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Sep 30

What other errors did you see during the installation? Was this a brand new install or did you try to install over a previous installation? This could have been a result of many causes. Please try the installation again after deleting the Config database  or simply reinstall and create  a new database and provide some more feedback. A screenshot of the failure message would also be helpful in a proper diagnosis.

Answer #2    Answered By: Royce Orr     Answered On: Sep 30

I have not seen any other error  during the installation. This is a brand new installation. I have try to delete the config DB and re-installing, but it still faced with the same problem. I have also try using the repair option, but it throw up other errors.

Answer #3    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Sep 30

Did you check if the account you specify in the wizard has access to the SQL server

Answer #4    Answered By: Peter Peterson     Answered On: Sep 30

Yes, it given admin rights in SQL. Don't think it permission issue as the configuration  DB is created.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on MOSS 2007B2TR - Slipstream Or get search suggestion and latest updates.