MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

MOSS 2007 Trial version install

Asked By: Stephanie    Date: Dec 16    Category: MOSS    Views: 1047

Am just getting to grips with the installation of the MOSS Trial version. Before I found installation walk through (mindsharpblogs.com/.../1153.aspx), I decided to use the 'Web Front End' server type install, but as I progressed through the configuration I realised that this doesn't allow an indexer to be configured because Office SharePoint Server Search isn't an available service within central administration.

In the central administration 'services on server' this was set to custom and the ability to change this was disabled.

As a result I have now had to uninstall and then re-install the product using the correct server type.

For my future reference, does anyone know if it is possible to change this without having to completely re-install?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Dec 16

you must uninstall and reinstall. choosing the WFE option only installs wfe with ecs and query proxy.

best practice is to install  all bits and only enable the required services for your install. this is the COMPLETE option, not standalone

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on MOSS 2007 Trial version install Or get search suggestion and latest updates.