Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

MOSS 2007 & SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services

Asked By: Sandy    Date: Aug 08    Category: MOSS    Views: 1607

We have an existing SharePoint farm (running MOSS 2007 via a SQL 2005 server). I've just added a new report server to the farm which is running SQL Server 2008. Should I be running the same version of SQL Server on both servers, or will it not matter?

I'm only asking as I seem to be unable to install the 'SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for Sharepoint' upon the SharePoint box. It begins the installation, copies the files, removes the backups and then rolls-back.

"Setup was interrupted before SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint could be completely installed. Your computer has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run Setup again."

Just for info, here are the messages from the Event Log:

Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Users\sharepoint.admin\Desktop\rsSharePoint_x64.msi. Client Process Id: 1476.

Starting session 1 - 29/09/2009 14:24:07.

Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Users\sharepoint.admin\Desktop\rsSharePoint_x64.msi. Client Process Id: 1476.

Ending session 1 started 29/09/2009 14:24:07.

Product: SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint -- Installation failed.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint. Product Version: 10.1.2531.0. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rebecca Lewis     Answered On: Aug 08

It does not matter if there database server  and reporting  server and not on same versions.

If Reporting Services Add-in could not be installed with wizard, please try to install the Reporting Services Add-in in Files-only Mode following the steps:
Run SharePointRS.msi SKIPCA=1. A files-only installation runs the Installation Wizard.
Find the rsCustomAction.exe file on the file system. This file is copied to your computer by the Setup program. The file will be located in the %Temp% directory.
To get the path information for this file, click Start, click Run, and then type %temp%. The file should be located in \Documents and Settings\<your name>\LOCALS~1\Temp.
Open a command prompt window. To do this, click Start, click Run, and type cmd.
Navigate to the folder that contains the rsCustomAction executable.
Enter the following command: rsCustomAction.exe /i
This configuration step will take several minutes to complete. The W3SVC service will be restarted during this process.
Configure the report server integration settings in Central Administration. For instructions, see How to: Configure the Report Server Integration Feature in SharePoint Central Administration.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on MOSS 2007 & SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Or get search suggestion and latest updates.